Study Tour design
- ANCE study tours are from a few days to a few weeks, for up to 40 or 50 students from the middle school or high school years.
- The study tours combine daily English lessons with excursions to places of interest to ensure that the days are not too busy or too long for the students.
- Study tours have visited the Queen Victoria Market, the Melbourne Town Hall, the Arts Centre and National Gallery, the Melbourne Zoo, St Kilda beach, the MCG Stadium and Sports Museum, the Polly WoodsideMaritime Museum, Parliament House, Melbourne University, the Botanical Gardens, and so on.
- Cover language skills and key features of Australian culture. To suit the age and language level of the students, ANCE teachers can modify lesson content and teaching method.
- For older students we can include specific topics and activities such as Australian history, international travel and study, preparation for international English tests, and English for academic contexts.
- If your study tour is booked and confirmed well in advance, it may be possible to book a visit to a local school, where your group would be able to meet and interact with Australian students.*
Popular daytrips outside Melbourne
- The Penguin Parade on Phillip Island, the rainforest of the Dandenong Ranges, the scenic beaches of the Great Ocean Road, the old mining towns of Ballarat and Bendigo.
- ANCE can also arrange countryside visits, for instance a farm stay to climbing the rocky Grampians landscapes.
- ANCE study tours often visit other parts of Australia, such as Sydney and the Blue Mountains, or the Queensland Gold Coast.
Accommodation and recreation
- ANCE can arrange group accommodation in an apartment building, however most groups prefer home stay accommodation, where the students are able to meet local people and experience a new and different lifestyle.
- Please note that travel between the home stay and ANCE is by public transport through the suburbs of Melbourne, therefore it is unsuitable to send groups of young children under the age of twelve on study tours.
- Melbourne has a wide range of world-class sports facilities. Your study tour can be designed to include basketball, football, tennis, table tennis, bowling, ice-skating, cycling, horse riding, sailing, and more.
Information and quotation
To discuss your study tour requirements and obtain a quote: email@example.com
* Note that visits to local high schools are not normally available during exam periods and school holidays. For example, most schools in Australia are closed from before Christmas until the start of February.
Please note also that January and February are summer months in Melbourne and that hot weather sometimes makes some outdoor activities impractical, so that ANCE needs to be flexible in implementing study tour programs.